Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
second year in brief
- In a bid to join international efforts to seek a peaceful resolution to the situation in Sudan, the government of the Republic of Korea has decided to contribute US$300,000 to the Sudan Refugee Relief Fund of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
° The ROK government plans to support refugees in South Sudan with the donation.
2011 saw Korea at the forefront of efforts to strengthen the existing framework of international cooperation for the provision of development assistance, disaster relief, and NGO-headed aid programs. From leadership at high-level international conferences to a series of historic summit meetings that saw President Lee Myung-bak become the first Korean head of state to visit Africa, the events of the past year pointed to significant contributions by Korea as a key player in the international community.
date 2009-12-29 13:00 name Spokesperson's Office
1. With regard to worsening food crisis in the Horn of Africa, caused by continuous drought, the Government of the Republic of Korea has decided to provide 700,000 dollars in emergency aid - 300,000 dollars to Ethiopia, 200,000 dollars to Kenya, and 200,000 dollars to Somalia - through the World Food Programme (WFP) in order to support efforts to overcome food crisis in the Horn of Africa and join the international community in its humanitarian assistance activities.