Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
- Drought conditions and food security improve in Kenya after good rains
- Floods displace thousands and destroy property worth millions of Kenyan Shillings
- Draft National IDP Policy reviewed
- Workshop discusses urban vulnerability in Kenya
- Parliament passes proposed draft of Kenyan Constitution amidst concerns
- Cholera outbreak slows down
The information contained in this report has been compiled by OCHA from information received from the field, from national and international humanitarian partners and from other official sources.
- Households access only three litres of water per day in Mandera West district and Coastal districts face severe water shortages.
- Cholera outbreaks loom with forthcoming rainy season in areas affected by drought though short rains are expected to be poor in North Eastern regions.
- A total of 287 pastoralists have been killed in raiding incidents between January and September 2008.
- Community-members call for greater civic awareness on peace processes.