Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
BAGHDAD, 20 April 2018 - The Government of Japan has announced that it will fund a project to enhance youth employability among Syrian refugees, internally displaced persons and host communities in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. This is one of eight new projects implemented by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) in Ethiopia, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Liberia, Nigeria, Somalia and the Syrian Arab Republic, with Japanese funding totaling US$5.2m.
ADDIS ABABA, 28 July 2016 - At an event hosted by the Embassy of Italy, Ambassador Giuseppe Mistretta signed two grant agreements with the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO). The agreements are part of the Stemming Irregular Migration from Northern and Central Ethiopia (SINCE) Programme which aims to create greater employment and economic opportunities for migrants, potential migrants, refugees and returnees, and in particular for women and youth.
Vienna, Austria, June 19, 2013. The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is partnering with the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) to help finance a project that will help rural communities in northern Ethiopia adopt modern agro-industrial processing technologies and generate new job opportunities.
OFID is supporting the US$2.5 million project with a US$600,000 grant. The grant agreement was signed in Vienna today by UNIDO Director General, Kandeh K. Yumkella, and OFID Director General, Suleiman Jasir Al-Herbish.