Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (24 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Ethiopia (Revised August 2018)
In June 2018, Action on Armed Violence (AOAV) recorded 2,461 deaths and injuries from 257 incidents of explosive violence around the world, as reported in English-language media. Civilians accounted for 67% (1,641) of the deaths and injuries recorded.
When explosive violence was used in populated areas, 89% of all casualties were civilians, compared to 15% in other areas.
Dr James Kearney, Advocacy Director
At the end of 2017, AOAV travelled to Mozambique where we interviewed victims of landmines from Ethiopia, Mozambique and Uganda in an attempt to answer the question: ‘when the landmines are gone, what challenges remain for those who have been maimed by them?’ This is a record of their testimonies.
Introduction: an international challenge; a personal trial
The global burden of Improvised Explosive Devices
Iain Overton and Jennifer Dathan
There is no day that goes past without the impact of an improvised explosive device (IED) making headlines around the world. Of all explosive weapons used, the IED is the most widespread, the most harmful and the most pernicious. Based on the belief that to overcome a problem, we must first understand it, this monitor is a small step in seeking to address the terrible realities of today.
It is a monitor that is, also, a response to a call to action.