Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (24 September 2018)
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Ethiopia (Revised August 2018)
MASHAV and USAID have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to increase cooperation on food security to Africa
(Communicated by MASHAV – Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation)
The Heads of MASHAV and of USAID signed in Washington, April 18, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to increase cooperation on food security to Africa, within the framework of USAID’s “Feed the Future” Initiative. The MOU allows for closer cooperation on the issue of food security in four countries: Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Israeli Ambassador Mr. Oded Ben-Haim initiated this donation with the view to protecting children at risk against malnutrition,
(Communicated by the Israel Embassy, Addis Ababa)
Israel has responded to requests for aid from several African countries over the past year
(Communicated by the Foreign Ministry Spokesman's Ofice)
Israel today (Wednesday, 20 Sep.) sent an emergency shipment of humanitarian aid to Cote d'Ivoire, in response to an international appeal by its government for help following the recent ecological and health disaster caused by the spillage of poisonous waste in the lagoon surrounding the capital, Abidjan.
The aid shipment comprises primarily antibiotics and medical equipment for treating poisoning victims, whose number is …
The Embassy of the State of Israel and Save the Children Norway Ethiopia (SCNE) today signed a three-year cooperation agreement aimed at establishing a joint program to support child development activities in Ethiopia.
The agreement was signed by H. E Ambassador Doron Grossman, Ambassador of Israel to Ethiopia, and Mr.
MASHAV, the international cooperation center of the Israel Foreign Ministry, has joined USAID in a joint program with Ethiopia's Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to assist Ethiopia's agricultural development.
Following the requests of the Ethiopian government and United Nations agencies working on behalf of famine victims, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is today sending a team of two doctors (under the auspices of MASHAV - the Ministry's Center for International Cooperation) to the Welo District in northern Ethiopia - one of the regions which has been badly hit by the famine.
Israel's emergency aid to starvation victims in Ethiopia will be sent tonight (April 24) to Addis Ababa in two Israel Air Force planes. The 30 tons of aid, which includes medicines, food, baby food and blankets, will be accompanied by a delegation led by Deputy Director General Haim Divon, Head of the Center for International Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Mr.