Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- ECHO Factsheet – Ethiopia – Last updated 17/12/2018
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
BALTIMORE, September 4, 2001 - Up to 900 refugees are expected by World Relief to arrive in September, making it the busiest month of the year for resettlement work.
Following three consecutive years of drought and crop failure, famine continues to plague Ethiopia - placing an estimated seven million people at risk of starvation.
World Relief and the Kale Heywet Church are working in the southwestern part of the country. The project will be carried out in Odea and nearby Fonka, and will assist 34,000 people.
Will the world respond as generously this time?