Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: Agriculture Sector HDRP Monthly Dashboard (October 2018)
BALTIMORE, September 4, 2001 - Up to 900 refugees are expected by World Relief to arrive in September, making it the busiest month of the year for resettlement work.
Following three consecutive years of drought and crop failure, famine continues to plague Ethiopia - placing an estimated seven million people at risk of starvation.
World Relief and the Kale Heywet Church are working in the southwestern part of the country. The project will be carried out in Odea and nearby Fonka, and will assist 34,000 people.
Will the world respond as generously this time?