Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- German Launches Special Training Initiative to Refugees in Ethiopia
Geneva – IOM, the UN Migration Agency, published today (22/12) the report Setting Standards for an Integrated Approach to Reintegration. The report, prepared and conducted by the Samuel Hall think tank, outlines recommendations to support sustainable reintegration of migrants who return to their home countries in the framework of Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) programmes.
This report provides an evidence-based strategy for increasing employment opportunities and skills development for protracted and recent refugees in Kakuma refugee camp. By focusing on economic integration and capacity development, it directly contributes to the durable and transitional solutions agenda. This research was commissioned by the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) and Action Africa Help International( (AAHI) and funded by UNHCR.
By reviewing existing initiatives, frameworks and commitments in the search of durable solutions in the region, this study conducted by Samuel Hall looks at good practices, challenges and opportunities. The objective is to have a better understanding of the current landscape in order to improve coordination and to inform a learning and capacity development agenda across stakeholders.
Good practices, challenges and opportunities in the search of durable solutions
Window of opportunity: There has never been a more opportune time to promote education for Somali refugee children and youth. First, the situation of Somali refugees and displaced persons in East Africa in 2015 presents major political, social, and economic risks for refugees, origin and host countries, while compromising Somalia's capacity to progressively rebuild its future.