Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
WASHINGTON, Oct 9 (OneWorld.net) - Aid organizations are appealing for global help as millions of families face hunger, water shortages, disease, and death across the eastern part of Africa.
What's the Story?
A multi-year drought has destroyed harvests, driving up the price of remaining food, and forcing people to drink and cook with whatever water they can find, even if it's unsafe. Animals are wasting away in some areas.
ADDIS ABABA, Aug 8 (OneWorld) - Ethiopian officials have said that the country will increase its appeal to the international community for a third time this year, criticizing donors for failing to commit resources to a hunger crisis precipitated by drought and rising food prices.
"It is the humanitarian community's obligation to see that the humanitarian needs are fulfilled," said Simon Mechale, who heads the country's disaster relief agency.