Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
Khartoum, Jan.13 (SUNA) - The Wali (governor) of the Blue Nile State, Hussein Yassin Hammad has put the number of the Sudanese displaced, in Ethiopia to 55,000 , adding that 13,000 out of them have returned to the country and hosted by the state's government .
Damazine, August. 31 (SUNA) - Dim Saad border area in the Blue Nile State has witnessed the return of 380 citizen from the refugees camps in neighboring Ethiopia .
Commissioner of Gessan, Mansour Al-Tom, who welcomed the returnees, lauded the Armed Forces, calling on the returnees to practice their normal life after the prevailing of security in the area .
January 20, 2012 (JUBA) - The United Nations (UN) has expressed serious concerns over the plight of more than 120,000 people, mainly women and children believed to have been displaced by ethnic violence in South Sudan’s largest state of Jonglei.
Lise Grande, the UN humanitarian coordinator for South Sudan on Friday described the situation as “very serious” saying those affected by the cycle of violence in the region urgently require humanitarian assistance.
“I can tell you the violence in Jonglei hasn’t yet stopped,” she said.
Khartoum, March 6 (SUNA) - The Ministry of Finance and National Economy delivered to the Ethiopian government 10,000 tons of Sorghum as another batch of President Al-Bashir grant to the Ethiopian people to alleviate the impact of drought and desertification that hit their country recently
The delivery was made through the Strategic Stock's grain silos in Gadarif town in eastern Sudan during a celebration organized by the Ministry and the World Food Program (WFP)
Last year the Ethiopian government received 5,000 tons out of the total grant which amounted to 20,000 tons
Khartoum, May 6 (SUNA) - About 315,496 refugees returned home from the neighboring countries until last April within the context of national voluntary repatriation. In statement to SUNA, Commissioner of Refugees, Dr Mohamed Ahmed Al Aghbash said that the total number of the Sudanese returnees from Uganda since the year 2005 until April was 162, 386, while the Sudanese returnees from Kenya were 37, 479, besides 49,239 people from Ethiopia and 3,728 from Egypt, 41,832 from Congo, 19,299 from the Central Republic of Africa, 215 from Eritrea and 218 from the other countries. AH/MO
Addis Abéba, 15 décembre (SUNA) - le Haut commissariat des affaires des réfugies a repris jeudi ses opération pour le retour des réfugies soudanais du camp de Bonga à l'Ouest de l'Ethiopie. A cet égard, le commissariat a pu transporté 500 réfugies dans le cadre de ses opérations qui avaient été entamées le mars dernier mais elles ont été suspendues en mai à cause de la saison des pluies à la suite de repatriement de 2500 réfugies soudanais des camps de Bonga et Shirkol.