Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
NAIROBI, 31 December (IRIN) - Eritrea has said "shuttle diplomacy" cannot change the final and binding nature of the independent ruling on its border with Ethiopia.
The Federal Foreign Office supported 307 projects for humanitarian aid, humanitarian mine clearance as well as disaster prevention all over the world in 2003 to the tune of EUR 71.5 million.
ADDIS ABABA, 29 December (IRIN) - Former Canadian foreign minister Lloyd Axworthy has been appointed UN special envoy to help resolve the stalled Ethiopia and Eritrea peace process, diplomatic sources said on Monday.
The International Federation's mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. The Federation is the world's largest humanitarian organization, and its millions of volunteers society of volunteers are active in over 180 countries. All international assistance to support vulnerable communities seeks to adhere to the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Response, according to the SPHERE Project.
Nutrition survey in West and East Hararghe, Oromiya Region
[This report does not necessarily reflect the views of the United Nations]
Map prepared by the OCHA regional Support office - CEA Nairobi
WASHINGTON, DC - The Child Survival Partnership - a new alliance between UNICEF, World Health Organization, World Bank, Canadian International Development Agency, and U.S.
Africa Weather Hazards Assessment Text Explanation December 25-31, 2003
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia -- UNICEF has noted several erroneous reports in the media regarding the Ministry of Health's (MOH) and its partners' response to the ongoing malaria epidemic, which has put more than 15 million Ethiopians at risk. We would like to correct the misinformation being circulated by presenting the following facts about the current epidemic:
Addis Ababa, 22 December (IRIN) - Police have arrested 56 people after fighting erupted in western Ethiopia last week leaving at least 30 people dead, officials said.
Addis Ababa, 22 December (IRIN) - Ethiopia's health ministry has clashed with the aid agency Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) over malaria treatment in the midst of a major epidemic threatening 15 million people.
- Main features of Dutch policy on Africa
Violence in Gambella causes concern for refugee operations
News No. 03/161
ADDIS ABABA, 19 December (IRIN) - The European Union has stepped up a "twin track" approach aimed at resolving the stalled peace process between Ethiopia and Eritrea, officials said on Friday.
ADDIS ABABA, 19 December (IRIN) - Dr Pascal Villeneuve is the director of health with the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) at its headquarters in New York. Here during a recent visit to Ethiopia he tells IRIN that poor health systems lie at the root of millions of preventable child deaths each year.
This report includes:
A) Middle East and Central Asia: (1) Iraq, (2) Afghanistan
B) East and Central Africa: (1) DR Congo, (2) Burundi, (3) Rwanda, (4) Uganda, (5) Sudan, (6) Eritrea, (7) Ethiopia, (8) Somalia
C) West Africa: (1) Mauritania, (2) Guinea, (3) Sierra Leone, (4) Liberia, (5) Côte d'Ivoire
D) Southern Africa: (1) Regional, (2) Namibia, (3) Angola, (4) Zambia, (5) Zimbabwe, (6) Malawi, (7) Mozambique, (8) Swaziland, (9) Lesotho, (10) Madagascar
E) Asia: (1) Bhutan, (2) Indonesia, (3) DPR Korea