Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Ethiopia-Kenya high-level cross-border Peace dialogue concludes with an action plan to address ongoing inter-communal conflict along common border
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- UNHCR Ethiopia Factsheet - November 2018
N’Djamena, 1 juin 2017 – Le Système des Nations Unies, l'Institut International de la Paix (IPI) et le Département fédéral des affaires étrangères de la Confédération suisse (DFAE), ont organisé une rencontre de haut niveau sur le thème : « Investir dans la Paix et la Prévention de la Violence au Sahel-Sahara ».
Berne, 17.08.2011 - Switzerland is increasing its humanitarian aid for those affected by the current hunger crisis afflicting the Horn of Africa. The Federal Council today approved additional aid of CHF 20 million. This will be used above all for the benefit of the population in southern Somalia, malnourished children in the Dadaab refugee camp, and the host communities in northern Kenya.
Bern, 18.07.2011 - The Humanitarian Aid of the Confederation unlocks an additional credit of CHF 4.5 million to support the populations affected by the food crisis in the Horn of Africa. This amount will be used to help refugees in Ethiopia and Kenya and to assist the most vulnerable populations in Somalia.