Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia, WB Sign 100 Mln USD Loan Agreement
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
Sri Lanka today donated 10,000 mertic tons of rice to the World Food Programme which will be sent to Ethiopia, where tens of thousands of refugees have fled, after devastating drought contributed to famine in Somalia last year.
President Mahinda Rajapaksa made a symbolic hand over of the rice to WFP's Acting Country Director Ms. Azeb Asrat at Temple Trees this morning.
This is the first ever donation from the Government of Sri Lanka to WFP's food operations abroad and the first shipment of 500 mertic tons is scheduled to leave Colombo port in the next few days.