Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Afar Region, Round 13: September/October 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
The Federal Government supports people in affected areas of Africa with 6.5 million euros from the Foreign Disaster Fund (FDF)
Foreign Ministry announces allocation of new funds for East Africa from the Foreign Disaster Fund (FDF)
The Austrian government has decided to provide more aid to crisis regions in the Middle East and East Africa from its Foreign Disaster Fund.
Vienna, 5 August 2011 – In view of the ongoing dramatic situation in the Horn of Africa Austria will step up its aid from 850,000 euros to 1.5 million euros: “The humanitarian catastrophe in the Horn of Africa calls for Austria’s solidarity with the crisis region. With its first emergency aid package in the amount of 850,000 euros Austria provided a swift response, but further steps are necessary. Austria will therefore almost double its aid, contributing a total of 1.5 million euros to international aid efforts,” said Foreign Minister and Vice-Chancellor Michael Spindelegger.
Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd is in Ethiopia from 24-28 January to participate in high-level African Union and World Economic Forum meetings.
Vienna, 2 June 2008 - "There is no universal panacea to the problem of world hunger. The persistent commitment of all of us is necessary to meet this difficult challenge. The UN's global auspices are the right platform for this. We must develop long-term strategies and programmes in order to ensure the supply of the world's population with sufficient food on a permanent basis.
Vienna, 7 May 2008 - "The global food crisis calls for a response based on solidarity, and Austria is making a further contribution," announced Foreign Minister Ursula Plassnik today. At the suggestion of the Federal Ministry for Agriculture and Forestry, Environment and Water Management, the Federal Government has pledged 2,790,000 euros for the UN's world food programme.
"We must grasp the dimensions of the crisis. One hundred million people are threatened with death by starvation as a consequence of higher food prices.
Austrian Development Cooperation earmarks 200,000 euros for flood victims
Vienna, 28 September 2006 - Large areas of Ethiopia are flooded following heavy rainfalls in July and August. The Austrian Development Cooperation, which has been carrying out development projects in the north of the country for many years, is now providing 200,000 euros as emergency aid for the flood victims.