Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
A long drought in the Horn of Africa is threatening the lives of 17 million people. They don’t have water and wait in vain for harvest. In this large humanitarian catastrophe, Czechs are helping pastoral tribes in the south of Ethiopia.
Somali Region/ Prague, September 2, 2011 – 110 tons of food and other humanitarian aid were distributed by People in Need (PIN) to starving refugees, who flew from famine in Somalia to Somali Region in Ethiopia. The delivered food is sufficient for the following month. Czechs are still the only ones providing local support in the Village Godere in Somali region/ Ethiopia. PIN is planning to assist help to fifteen thousand people until the end of this year.
Awassa, Ethiopia, August 20, 2008 - People in Need (PIN), an international non-governmental organization based in the Czech Republic, is expanding its work in Southern Ethiopia to provide lasting water, sanitation and hygiene solutions to more than 100,000 Ethiopians in 38 rural communities.
Efforts by the government and non-governmental organizations have increased rapidly over the past few months; however, millions of Ethiopians continue to struggle with rising food prices, the loss of livelihoods, the death of animals, chronic malnutrition and a lack of clean water.
To help …