Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia-Kenya high-level cross-border Peace dialogue concludes with an action plan to address ongoing inter-communal conflict along common border
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
by Shirley Ko
This year’s theme for World AIDS Day is Think Positive: Rethink HIV.
At Pact, we see lots of reasons to be positive.
In Nigeria’s Bayelsa state, more pregnant women are being tested for HIV and taking steps to protect their babies.
In Ethiopia, children are learning the basics of good health and HIV prevention just as they are reading and math.
In Ukraine, stigma surrounding HIV is slowly eroding, and local institutions responding to the disease are more robust.