Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- Ethiopia, WB Sign 100 Mln USD Loan Agreement
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
- Ethiopia: Displacement and Food Security, 28 November 2018
By Ahmed Muhammed
Philip Morris International (PMI) donated USD 500,000 to the Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) to support the drought victims.
During the handing over made on April 18, 2016 at Hilton Addis Hotel, Dr. Ahmed Reja, President of ERCS said, “so far, ERCS has provided 32 million ETB worth of supplementary food and essential nonfood items that benefited more than 125,000 people”.
He also stated that, the Society is currently in the process of purchasing additional supplementary food for more than 52,000 beneficiaries.
By Ahmed Mohammed
ERCS to stage fundraising exhibition, bazaar for drought victims
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) announced its plan to stage fundraising exhibition and bazaar to collect around 4 million ETB to provide emergency assistance to drought victims.
During the announcement made on January 01, 2016, Patron of the Society President Dr. Mulatu Teshome said that the exhibition and bazaar which will be held from May 7-11, 2016, is supposed to support the effort being made to reach out to the drought victims.