Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
During the commemoration of the World Refuge Day on 20th June 2010, some Somali and Ethiopian youth were sponsored by AFSC to exhibit pieces of their photography, creative projects and cultural dances in Nairobi. The groups travelled long distances from Daadab refugee camp and from the Ogaden region of Ethiopia to share in Kenya's capital, a regional hub.
A few months ago the young Somalis were equipped with cameras and photography lessons and asked to document their personal stories.
PHILADELPHIA, PA -- The American Friends Service Committee is accepting financial contributions for famine relief in the Horn of Africa. Millions of people are at risk of starvation in Ethiopia and the effects of this humanitarian crisis are already being felt in neighboring countries. An equally devastating famine has been reported in parts of Somalia, where wells and rivers have dried up and cholera is now spreading at an alarming rate by refugees migrating across the Ethiopian-Somali border.