Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- Ethiopia, WB Sign 100 Mln USD Loan Agreement
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
- Ethiopia: Displacement and Food Security, 28 November 2018
The Italian Cooperation is launching a new 1.3 million euro post-emergency program in the South and the South-East of Ethiopia, focusing on areas affected by recurrent adverse climatic events and, in some cases, subject to refugee flows from neighboring countries.
The five areas identified within three Regional States, Oromia, SNNPR and Somali, are characterized by a chronic shortage of potable water and adequate sanitation facilities. Such condition is often exacerbated by drought events which are particularly intense in the dry-lands of the Horn of Africa.
The second phase of the DGCS initiative in Ethiopia began with the publication of guidelines for the formulation and presentation of NGO proposals. The project is concerned with risk reduction in the sectors of water, sanitation, environment and health. On 4 August 2011, given the worsening crisis in that country, and following the Ethiopian government’s appeal to the international community for humanitarian assistance, the DGCS approved a total of €1.3 million in refinancing for the Aid 9386 emergency fund.