Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
MASHAV and USAID have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to increase cooperation on food security to Africa
(Communicated by MASHAV – Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation)
The Heads of MASHAV and of USAID signed in Washington, April 18, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to increase cooperation on food security to Africa, within the framework of USAID’s “Feed the Future” Initiative. The MOU allows for closer cooperation on the issue of food security in four countries: Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Israeli Ambassador Mr. Oded Ben-Haim initiated this donation with the view to protecting children at risk against malnutrition,
(Communicated by the Israel Embassy, Addis Ababa)
The Embassy of the State of Israel and Save the Children Norway Ethiopia (SCNE) today signed a three-year cooperation agreement aimed at establishing a joint program to support child development activities in Ethiopia.
The agreement was signed by H. E Ambassador Doron Grossman, Ambassador of Israel to Ethiopia, and Mr.
MASHAV, the international cooperation center of the Israel Foreign Ministry, has joined USAID in a joint program with Ethiopia's Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to assist Ethiopia's agricultural development.
Following the requests of the Ethiopian government and United Nations agencies working on behalf of famine victims, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is today sending a team of two doctors (under the auspices of MASHAV - the Ministry's Center for International Cooperation) to the Welo District in northern Ethiopia - one of the regions which has been badly hit by the famine.
Israel's emergency aid to starvation victims in Ethiopia will be sent tonight (April 24) to Addis Ababa in two Israel Air Force planes. The 30 tons of aid, which includes medicines, food, baby food and blankets, will be accompanied by a delegation led by Deputy Director General Haim Divon, Head of the Center for International Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Mr.