Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Political Will Changing Story of Horn of Africa: Ramtane
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
RICHMOND, VA – A severe shortfall in aid funding is putting thousands of children at risk in Ethiopia as the country deals with its worst drought emergency in decades. The drought and resulting food shortage are expected to continue well into 2016. ChildFund International is in urgent need of millions of dollars in additional funding to provide emergency food rations for 300,000 people over the next six months.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Betsy Edwards
RICHMOND, Va. (Dec. 1, 2014) – The 2014 theme for World AIDS Day is “Focus, Partner, Achieve: An AIDS-free Generation,” and for three years, ChildFund has partnered with Pact and Family Health International, achieving great results with the Yekokeb Berhan program, the largest USAID-funded Orphans & Vulnerable Children (OVC) program in Ethiopia.
Richmond, Va. – March 22, 2012 –ChildFund International celebrates World Water Day and the recent news that half of the world’s population has access to safe drinking water.
Despite that progress, 783 million people remain without access to clean water. Forty percent of them live in sub-Saharan Africa, which is why ChildFund is continuing its efforts.