Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- World Vision East Africa Region Situation Report | October 1 - October 31, 2018
- President’s Malaria Initiative: Ethiopia - Malaria Operational Plan FY 2019
(Nairobi, 19 th July 2018), At least 1 million people, the majority of whom being women and children are in need of urgent humanitarian assistance following recent inter-communal conflict in Ethiopia.
The Horn of Africa is experiencing a devastating drought, which has left more than 15 million people in Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia facing food and water shortages and in need of urgent humanitarian assistance.
The Inter-Agency Working Group on Disaster Risk Reduction in the Horn, East and Central Africa issues this call for action to respond to the urgent needs of over 15 million people experiencing a devastating drought in Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya.
The time to act is now.
GOVERNMENTS AND HUMANITARIAN ACTORS SHOULD:
Work with market actors to ensure urgent access to water through the provision of vouchers or cash to vulnerable people, and as a last resort undertake water trucking