Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Helping Ethiopia Achieve Green Growth and Avoid Industrialised Nations’ Environmental Mistakes
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 65 | 01-14 October 2018
The Emirates Red Crescent, ERC, is continuing its efforts to improve the humanitarian and development conditions in Ethiopia, and is preparing to build 1,000 homes to support displaced people.
The Emirates Red Crescent, ERC, is continuing to distribute Ramadan aid to displaced people around the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa, and those affected by border conflicts.
The ERC delegation intensified its humanitarian operations in the country, to include 12 beneficiary areas around Addis Ababa and neighbouring provinces, as per the directives of the wise leadership to implement programmes, including Ramadan programmes, which aim to benefit 700,000 displaced people and those affected by last year’s border conflicts.
The Red Crescent Authority (RCA) has commenced preparations for launching a humanitarian relief programme in the drought-hit Ethiopia and Somalia. Dr Ali bin Abdullah Al Ka'abi, Chairman of the RCA, said the RCA would transfer funds for purchasing relief supplies to be distributed to the drought-affected population in Ethiopia. 'Delivery of food items will be made in coordination with the Ethiopian Development Agency,' he added.
According to him, funds had been provided to purchase relief for drought-famine persons in Somalia.
The UAE Red Crescent Society (RCS) launched yesterday a relief campaign to help famine victims in the African Horn. Relief supplies will be distributed in drought-and-famine struck countries under instructions form President H.H.