Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia, WB Sign 100 Mln USD Loan Agreement
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
ABU DHABI, 9th July, 2018 (WAM) -- The Emirates Red Crescent, ERC, is continuing its efforts to improve the humanitarian and development conditions in Ethiopia, and is preparing to build 1,000 homes to support displaced people.
ADDIS ABABA, 21st May, 2018 (WAM) -- The Emirates Red Crescent, ERC, is continuing to distribute Ramadan aid to displaced people around the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa, and those affected by border conflicts.
The ERC delegation intensified its humanitarian operations in the country, to include 12 beneficiary areas around Addis Ababa and neighbouring provinces, as per the directives of the wise leadership to implement programmes, including Ramadan programmes, which aim to benefit 700,000 displaced people and those affected by last year’s border conflicts.
ADDIS ABABA, 27th March, 2018 (WAM) -- Ghazi Abdullah Salem Al Mehri, UAE Ambassador to Ethiopia, attended a ceremony to deliver aid provided by the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation to the Ethiopian Red Cross for people who are internally displaced in Ethiopia, due to the border conflict between the Oromia Region and Somalia.
Al Mehri expressed his happiness at the Foundation’s co-operation with the Ethiopian Red Cross, which is the leading organisation that offers humanitarian aid in Ethiopia.
ABU DHABI, 9th July, 2014 (WAM) -- UN Messenger of Peace and Chairperson of the International Humanitarian City, IHC, H.R.H. Princess Haya bint Al Hussein, wife of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the U.A.E., and Ruler of Dubai, has made a generous contribution of USD500,000 to support the UN High Commissioner for Refugees' efforts in emergency nutrition and food security for South Sudanese refugees in Ethiopia’s Gambella region.
WAM BUTAJIRA, ETHIOPIA: Dubai Cares, a UAE-based philanthropic organization, has announced the launch of its 3-year integrated Home Grown School Feeding (HGSF) pilot program, which is being implemented in 30 schools to address the health and nutrition needs of approximately 30,700 primary school age children in the Southern Nations and Nationalities Peoples' Region (SNNPR).
According to the World Food Program, 66 million primary school-age children attend classes hungry across the developing world, with 23 million in Africa alone.
In implementation of the directives of President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Vice-President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, to provide urgent humanitarian assistance to those affected by drought in the Horn of Africa, the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Humanitarian and Charity Establishment has started its relief operations in the refugee camps in the Somali- Ethiopian borders.