Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- UNICEF Horn of Africa Drought Situation as of September 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Refugee Girls Gain from Effort to Teach Life Skills
ADDIS ABABA, 28 July 2016 - At an event hosted by the Embassy of Italy, Ambassador Giuseppe Mistretta signed two grant agreements with the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO). The agreements are part of the Stemming Irregular Migration from Northern and Central Ethiopia (SINCE) Programme which aims to create greater employment and economic opportunities for migrants, potential migrants, refugees and returnees, and in particular for women and youth.
Vienna, Austria, June 19, 2013. The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is partnering with the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) to help finance a project that will help rural communities in northern Ethiopia adopt modern agro-industrial processing technologies and generate new job opportunities.
OFID is supporting the US$2.5 million project with a US$600,000 grant. The grant agreement was signed in Vienna today by UNIDO Director General, Kandeh K. Yumkella, and OFID Director General, Suleiman Jasir Al-Herbish.