Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- German Launches Special Training Initiative to Refugees in Ethiopia
by Coco McCabe
By raising awareness of the suffering produced by conflicts, women help find alternatives to violence.
The red earth outside Tato Boru's round, mud-walled hut is tamped hard with the comings and goings of goats and family members. One imagines that other visitors must beat a frequent path to her door, too, for her warmth and her counsel.
Tato Boru, 48 and the mother of five children, is a peacemaker.
by Doe-e Berhanu
The Kebede family are among those receiving assistance after a flash flood hits the city of Dire Dawa.
Locals call the Kebele 05 area of Dire Dawa Gende Meskin-neighborhood of the pitiful. Historically, Gende Meskin has been home to the city's poorest residents, pushed to the outskirts of town and neglected by society.
New public health practice is part of a three-pronged effort to sharpen the effectiveness of the agency's emergency response.