Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
New Canaan, CT [July 17, 2003] - AmeriCares is preparing two air shipments of emergency aid for August delivery to southern Ethiopia in response to crop failures that have left 12.5 million people vulnerable to starvation.
A second in a series of three AmeriCares
food aid shipments have arrived in Ethiopia. The aid, which consists of
80,000 pounds of corn soy blend, will be distributed to communities most
vulnerable to famine in the southern region of the country. A third shipment
will arrive in late-May.
Ethiopia has suffered severe drought and poor harvest, resulting in massive food shortages and famine. Officials report that 12.5 million people are at risk of starvation.
New Canaan, CT [December 5, 2002] AmeriCares has issued an appeal for funds to support an initiative to alleviate a medical and food crisis that endangers huge segments of the population in Africa.