Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Helping Ethiopia Achieve Green Growth and Avoid Industrialised Nations’ Environmental Mistakes
UN Report Launched on World Water Day 2011 Outlines Actions Towards Reversing Unsustainable Path
Cape Town/Nairobi, 21 March 2011--Rapid urbanization over the last five decades is changing Africa's landscape and also generating formidable challenges for supplies of water and sanitation services says a new UN report released today.
According to the Rapid Response Assessment by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and UN-Habitat, urban centres in Africa are growing at a faster rate than anywhere else in the world.
Today 40 percent of Africa's one billion people …
Ethiopia, 5 Jun 09 - Around 10,000 people from poorest neighbourhoods in Harar City, in Ethiopia, are set to benefit from a UN-HABITAT project, completed in December 2008, which will provide water and sanitation facilities
Members of the Dehoch community are the beneficiaries of a project implemented under the second phase of Water for African Cities Programme. Within the community, 85 households, approximately 300-350 people, will be the owners and direct beneficiaries of the water and sanitation facilities.