Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- ECHO Factsheet – Ethiopia – Last updated 17/12/2018
Ethiopia’s Ministry of Health has launched an emergency mass-vaccination campaign against yellow fever in response to six cases confirmed in the South Omo zone of the Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s region (SNNPR).
22 Apr 2013 - Heavy rains over the past two weeks continue to cause flooding in Ethiopia. More than 9,000 households were affected in Somali region, and an additional 1,300 households were affected across Oromiya and the Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s Region (SNNPR)
21 May 2012 - More than 1,000 families have been affected by recent flash floods and heavy storms Gode and Korahe zones.
Over the past year, the eastern Horn of Africa has experienced two consecutive poor rainy seasons, resulting in one of the driest years since 1950/51 in many pastoral zones. The impacts of the drought have been exacerbated by high local cereal prices, excess livestock mortality, conflict and restricted humanitarian access in some areas
13 Oct 2009 - Food insecurity continues to plague many areas of Ethiopia due to drought. Seasonal rainfall has been poor, leading to planting delays and wilting of crops.
25 Aug 2009 - Critical water shortage in Ethiopia's Somali Region threatens health of local residents who are forced to use abandoned ponds and wells for drinking water. Water shortage in some areas is expected to continue until mid-October.