Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- In his letter dated 18 May 2011 (S/2011/319), the President of the Security Council informed the Secretary-General that the Council had decided to send a mission to Ethiopia, the Sudan and Kenya from 19 to 26 May 2011.
I am writing in response to your letter dated 3 July 2008 in which you transmitted to me identical letters dated 10 June 2008 from the President of the Security Council addressed to the Prime Minister of Ethiopia, Meles Zenawi, and the President of Eritrea, Isaias Afwerki, seeking their views on options for future United Nations engagement in their countries. Together with those letters, you also forwarded their responses dated 17 and 18 June 2008.
I have the honour to inform you that your letter dated 5 June 2008 (S/2008/368) concerning your proposal that the troops of the United Nations Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea temporarily relocated from Eritrea to their home countries now be considered as repatriated has been brought to the attention of the members of the Security Council. They agree with the proposal contained in your letter.
(Signed) Zalmay Khalilzad
President of the Security Council
1. The present report is submitted pursuant to paragraph 12 of Security Council resolution 1320 (2000) of 15 September 2000, by which the Council requested me to keep it closely and regularly informed of progress towards the implementation of this resolution. The report provides an update on developments in the Mission area and describes the activities of the United Nations Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea (UNMEE) since my previous report dated 1 November 2007 (S/2007/645).
5792nd Meeting (AM)
John Holmes, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and United Nations Emergency Relief Coordinator, briefed the Security Council today following his recent visit to assess the humanitarian situation in eastern Ethiopia, the Darfur region of the Sudan and Somalia.
1. The present report is submitted pursuant to paragraph 12 of Security Council resolution 1320 (2000) of 15 September 2000 and provides an update on the peace process since my report of 30 April 2007 (S/2007/250). The report also describes the activities of the United Nations Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea (UNMEE), the current mandate of which expires on 31 July 2007.
II. Status of the Temporary Security Zone and adjacent areas and cooperation with the parties
1. The present report is submitted pursuant to paragraph 8 of Security Council resolution 1710 (2006) of 29 September 2006, in which the Council expressed its intention to review progress towards demarcation of the border between Eritrea and Ethiopia and requested me to present updated options for possible changes to the mandate of the United Nations Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea (UNMEE).
II. Recent developments in the Temporary Security Zone and adjacent areas