Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
(A tripartite press release issued by EMAO, EU, and UNDP)5 May 2010, Addis Ababa: In addition to the EUR 9.75 million contributed to the 2007-2009 mine action project, the European Union (EU) contributes additional EUR 4.85 million to the critical development work undertaken by the Ethiopian Mine Action Office (EMAO) for the next two years in support of Ethiopia's efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and fulfill its commitment under the Mine Ban Convention by 2015.
26 February 2010 - Thanks to a US$2 million emergency contribution from Japan, UNDP will help to de-mine 2.5 million square metres of land in Ethiopia, safely opening it up for use by drought-stricken local residents and nomadic populations.
The funds will also be used for mine-risk education activities in the landmine-affected Afar, Somali and Tigray regions of the country.