Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- UNICEF Horn of Africa Drought Situation as of September 2018
This Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) has been prepared in support of the project proposal on _“Responding to the increasing risk of drought: building gender-responsive resilience of the most vulnerable communities_” by the Government of Ethiopia to the Green Climate Fund. As this project is supported by UNDP in its role as a GCF Accredited Entity, the project has been screened against the UNDP’s Social and Environmental Standards Procedure and deemed a Medium Risk (International Finance Corporation/World Bank Category B) project.
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 4 January 2016 — Ethiopia has outlined its latest progress and challenges on its efforts to address the country’s vulnerability to climate change.
The comprehensive multi-sector update is part of Ethiopia’s second national communication to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) ahead of the UN climate conference in Paris, COP21, held in December 2015. The report was prepared with the support of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Global Environment Facility (GEF).