Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
- Collaborative Action for Sustainable Peace, Gedeo–Guji peacebuilding forum | November 22, 2018 | Dila town | Ethiopia
This Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) has been prepared in support of the project proposal on _“Responding to the increasing risk of drought: building gender-responsive resilience of the most vulnerable communities_” by the Government of Ethiopia to the Green Climate Fund. As this project is supported by UNDP in its role as a GCF Accredited Entity, the project has been screened against the UNDP’s Social and Environmental Standards Procedure and deemed a Medium Risk (International Finance Corporation/World Bank Category B) project.
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 4 January 2016 — Ethiopia has outlined its latest progress and challenges on its efforts to address the country’s vulnerability to climate change.
The comprehensive multi-sector update is part of Ethiopia’s second national communication to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) ahead of the UN climate conference in Paris, COP21, held in December 2015. The report was prepared with the support of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Global Environment Facility (GEF).