Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
by Abby Maxman (CARE Ethiopia), Waleed Rauf (Oxfam GB, Ethiopia), David Throp (Save the Children UK, Ethiopia)
The spark for a debate
Earlier this year, the Overseas Development Institute published a Working Paper called Humanitarian governance in the new millennium: An Ethiopian case study.
- This Network Paper argues that a substantial new opportunity for people-centred disaster risk assessment in Ethiopia can be found in the information and analysis system recently established within the Ministry of Agriculture, through the Livelihoods Integration Unit.
- The national livelihoods database provides the capacity to understand the diverse vulnerabilities of populations and to mathematically link these to hazards - a core requirement for carrying out anticipatory disaster risk assessments.
Sue Lautze, Angela Raven-Roberts and Teshome Erkineh
HPG Working Paper