Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
The United Nations mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea (Unmee), monitoring the disputed border between the two countries, reported on Thursday that the buffer zone along the border "remained tense and potentially volatile".
Johannesburg, South Africa. April 27 2000
Ethiopia's Jews beg Israel to take them in ... but the Israelis are suspicious that Ethiopians are claiming Jewishness to escape the famine
By DAVID GOUGH Addis Ababa
Even at 75 and with a body so worn out that it requires every ounce of strength just to cross from one side of the ramshackle hut to the other, Gadamu Kassa still clings to his lifelong dream.
Johannesburg, South Africa. April 10 2000
Johannesburg, South Africa. April 7 2000
RECORD rainfalls and floods hitting the Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia and Kenya are leaving behind a trail of tears and destruction.
The latest to be hit is Ethiopia, where
57 people have been killed and 4,000 made homeless, the state-run
Radio Ethiopia reported on Monday.
''Over 9,000 head of livestock in the
Ogaden region, on the border with Somalia, have also been washed away
by flooding, caused by rising rivers,'' Radio Ethiopia said.
Similar flooding has washed away homes and roads and displacing thousands of farmers along the Juba River