Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
November 4th, 2017 ― Doha: Qatar Red Crescent Society (QRCS) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Action for the Needy in Ethiopia (ANE), to conduct humanitarian projects for the benefit of refugees and host communities in the country.
The new plan is in implementation of an MoU signed with Qatar Fund for Development (QFFD) in June 2017 to launch a humanitarian programme at a cost of $3 million (nearly QR 11 million).
Some non-governmental organisations (NGOs) working in the development sector perceive the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) applies only to humanitarian response interventions for crisis-affected communities - perhaps because of the prominence of the word “humanitarian” in its title. However, the essence of transparency, accountability and people management can also be applied and demonstrated in development interventions by local, national and international NGOs.