Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- UNICEF Horn of Africa Drought Situation as of September 2018
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- In his letter dated 18 May 2011 (S/2011/319), the President of the Security Council informed the Secretary-General that the Council had decided to send a mission to Ethiopia, the Sudan and Kenya from 19 to 26 May 2011.
Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women
Consideration of reports submitted by States parties under article 18 of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women
HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL
Agenda item 6
UNIVERSAL PERIODIC REVIEW
1. The Working Group on the Universal Periodic Review, established in accordance with Human Rights Council resolution 5/1 of 18 June 2007, held its sixth session from 30 November to 11 December 2009. The review of Ethiopia was held at the 16th meeting, on 9 December 2009. The delegation of Ethiopia was headed by Ambassador Fisseha Yimer, Special Adviser to the Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL
Working Group on the Universal Periodic Review
COMMITTEE ON THE ELIMINATION OF RACIAL DISCRIMINATION
HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL
I am writing in response to your letter dated 3 July 2008 in which you transmitted to me identical letters dated 10 June 2008 from the President of the Security Council addressed to the Prime Minister of Ethiopia, Meles Zenawi, and the President of Eritrea, Isaias Afwerki, seeking their views on options for future United Nations engagement in their countries. Together with those letters, you also forwarded their responses dated 17 and 18 June 2008.
I have the honour to inform you that your letter dated 5 June 2008 (S/2008/368) concerning your proposal that the troops of the United Nations Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea temporarily relocated from Eritrea to their home countries now be considered as repatriated has been brought to the attention of the members of the Security Council. They agree with the proposal contained in your letter.
(Signed) Zalmay Khalilzad
President of the Security Council
1. The present report is submitted pursuant to paragraph 12 of Security Council resolution 1320 (2000) of 15 September 2000, by which the Council requested me to keep it closely and regularly informed of progress towards the implementation of this resolution. The report provides an update on developments in the Mission area and describes the activities of the United Nations Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea (UNMEE) since my previous report dated 1 November 2007 (S/2007/645).
1. The present report is submitted pursuant to paragraph 12 of Security Council resolution 1320 (2000) of 15 September 2000 and provides an update on the peace process since my report of 30 April 2007 (S/2007/250). The report also describes the activities of the United Nations Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea (UNMEE), the current mandate of which expires on 31 July 2007.
II. Status of the Temporary Security Zone and adjacent areas and cooperation with the parties
1. The present report is submitted pursuant to paragraph 8 of Security Council resolution 1710 (2006) of 29 September 2006, in which the Council expressed its intention to review progress towards demarcation of the border between Eritrea and Ethiopia and requested me to present updated options for possible changes to the mandate of the United Nations Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea (UNMEE).
II. Recent developments in the Temporary Security Zone and adjacent areas
Agenda item 39 (b)
Resolution adopted by the General Assembly
Item 41 (b) of the provisional agenda*