Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: HPR Approves Bill on Refugees
By Jane Still
Measles outbreaks, decaying animal carcasses and even ash contamination from volcanic activity are combining to threaten lives in the Afar communities of Ethiopia. Partners of ACT member Anglicord are working hard to address the needs of a struggling community further impoverished by drought.
Valerie Browning, an Australian nurse now living in the Afar pastoralist community in Ethiopia, says the Afar Pastoralist Development Association (APDA) now has two emergency teams in the field.
La Niña / Drought Update
Ash spewing from the Nabro volcano in Eritrea has covered villages in Ethiopia, affecting at least 5,000 people, aid workers say.
Initial reports said eight villages in the Biddu district of Ethiopia, close to the border, were covered by volcanic dust.
Read the complete story on the BBC