Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
By Jane Still
Measles outbreaks, decaying animal carcasses and even ash contamination from volcanic activity are combining to threaten lives in the Afar communities of Ethiopia. Partners of ACT member Anglicord are working hard to address the needs of a struggling community further impoverished by drought.
Valerie Browning, an Australian nurse now living in the Afar pastoralist community in Ethiopia, says the Afar Pastoralist Development Association (APDA) now has two emergency teams in the field.
La Niña / Drought Update
Ash spewing from the Nabro volcano in Eritrea has covered villages in Ethiopia, affecting at least 5,000 people, aid workers say.
Initial reports said eight villages in the Biddu district of Ethiopia, close to the border, were covered by volcanic dust.
Read the complete story on the BBC