Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Ethiopia (Revised August 2018)
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (24 September 2018)
The Emirates Red Crescent, ERC, is continuing its efforts to improve the humanitarian and development conditions in Ethiopia, and is preparing to build 1,000 homes to support displaced people.
ADDIS ABABA, 27th March, 2018 (WAM) -- Ghazi Abdullah Salem Al Mehri, UAE Ambassador to Ethiopia, attended a ceremony to deliver aid provided by the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation to the Ethiopian Red Cross for people who are internally displaced in Ethiopia, due to the border conflict between the Oromia Region and Somalia.
Al Mehri expressed his happiness at the Foundation’s co-operation with the Ethiopian Red Cross, which is the leading organisation that offers humanitarian aid in Ethiopia.
ABU DHABI, 9th July, 2014 (WAM) -- UN Messenger of Peace and Chairperson of the International Humanitarian City, IHC, H.R.H. Princess Haya bint Al Hussein, wife of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the U.A.E., and Ruler of Dubai, has made a generous contribution of USD500,000 to support the UN High Commissioner for Refugees' efforts in emergency nutrition and food security for South Sudanese refugees in Ethiopia’s Gambella region.
In implementation of the directives of President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Vice-President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, to provide urgent humanitarian assistance to those affected by drought in the Horn of Africa, the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Humanitarian and Charity Establishment has started its relief operations in the refugee camps in the Somali- Ethiopian borders.