Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Briefing note: Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) Ethiopia (August 2018)
NAIROBI – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) on Saturday 21 July welcomed an historic donation of 33,000 metric tons of rice from the Government of the Republic of Korea. This donation will enable WFP to provide food assistance to more than 1.5 million people, mostly refugees, living in Kenya, Ethiopia and Uganda.
Addis Ababa August 10/2017 The Republic of Korea announced additional one million USD to support humanitarian assistance in Ethiopia, its embassy in Addis Ababa said.
Of the total assistance, 400,000 USD will go to the Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 of UNICEF and 500,000 USD to the Ethiopian Humanitarian Fund (EHF) of OCHA.
The funding also contributes 100,000 USD to IOM to assist Ethiopian returnees from Saudi Arabia, the release that the embassy sent to ENA said.
Addis Ababa. 29 December 2014 – Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) and the World Health Organization Country Office for Ethiopia (WCO) joined forces in the effort to heighten Ebola virus disease (EDV) preparedness in Ethiopia. KOICA’s support to WHO will contribute to strengthening the capacity of the Ethiopian health system to prepare for Ebola in line with the country’s EVD outbreak preparedness plan.
Arssi Zone, March 17, 2012 (Assela) - The government of Korea Republic expressed commitment to further strengthen support to Ethiopia's development endeavours.
Various development projects constructed by the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) in Hitosa Woreda of Arssi Zone in Oromia State with 31.7 million Birr were inaugurated on Friday.
Addis Ababa, October 14, 2011 (Addis Ababa) - Ethiopia and Republic of Korea here on Friday signed a grant agreement amounting to 3.5 million US dollars to establish detailed action plan strategy and to undertake maternal and child health care and family planning capacity development project.
The aim of the detailed action plan strategy project is to leverage Korea's best practices on economic development to support successful implementation of GTP through consolidation of action plan strategy.