Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
As of 30 June 2018, Ethiopia hosts 916,678 refugees and asylum seekers within its borders, including the more than 22,000 who arrived during the first quarter of 2018.
The Government of Ethiopia has committed to address the concerns of refugees, including a pledge to grant local integration to those who have lived in the country for 20 years and above.
Resettlement remains the chief durable solution for refugees in Ethiopia, but limited quotas mean that only 4,240 refugees will be referred to resettlement countries in 2018.
Out of 928,663 registered refugees in Ethiopia, 65,750 are in need of resettlement in 2018.
UNHCR Ethiopia’s resettlement submissions target for 2018 is 4,240 individuals to the USA, New Zealand, Sweden and Canada.
To date, 1893 refugees were referred to the RSC for onward submission to resettlement countries and 1678 refugees have been submitted.
- Out of 916,678 registered refugees in Ethiopia, 65,750 are in need of resettlement in 2018.
- UNHCR Ethiopia’s resettlement submissions target for 2018 is 4,240 individuals to the USA, New Zealand, Sweden and Canada.
- To date, 833 refugees were referred to the RSC for onward submission to resettlement countries. 575 refugees have been submitted and 230 departed to resettlement.