Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15-28 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mai-Aini Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
BEIJING - The Government of the People’s Republic of China has made a contribution of US$10 million towards the United Nations World Food Programme’s (WFP) emergency operations currently supporting El Niño drought-affected people in Ethiopia and Somalia. The Chinese Minister of Commerce, Gao Hucheng, signed an agreement with WFP’s Executive Director, Ertharin Cousin, during the UN General Assembly in New York. Earlier, the Government of China also signed a US$2 million agreement with WFP to support its emergency operations for Syrian refugees in Lebanon and Jordan.
One Little Life at a Time: Emergency Response in the Horn of Africa
In 2011, people in the Horn of Africa asked only one question: When will the rains return?
After two years of drought, 13 million people (half of them children) are still hungry and at risk of malnutrition—or worse. Families now depend on humanitarian aid to survive, many sheltered in the camps on the borders of Ethiopia and Kenya.