Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
BEIJING - The Government of the People’s Republic of China has made a contribution of US$10 million towards the United Nations World Food Programme’s (WFP) emergency operations currently supporting El Niño drought-affected people in Ethiopia and Somalia. The Chinese Minister of Commerce, Gao Hucheng, signed an agreement with WFP’s Executive Director, Ertharin Cousin, during the UN General Assembly in New York. Earlier, the Government of China also signed a US$2 million agreement with WFP to support its emergency operations for Syrian refugees in Lebanon and Jordan.
One Little Life at a Time: Emergency Response in the Horn of Africa
In 2011, people in the Horn of Africa asked only one question: When will the rains return?
After two years of drought, 13 million people (half of them children) are still hungry and at risk of malnutrition—or worse. Families now depend on humanitarian aid to survive, many sheltered in the camps on the borders of Ethiopia and Kenya.