Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet December 2018
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Tigray Region, Round 14: November – December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- UNHCR Ethiopia - Operational Update (December 2018)
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Somali Region, Round 14: November/December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
TEL AVIV, 28 January 2013 (IRIN) - The director of the Ministry of Health in Israel, Roni Gamzo, has issued a formal directive instructing that gynaecologists should not inject women with the contraceptive Depo-Provera without their knowledge or consent.
The directive, issued last week, comes after around 30 Ethiopian Jews who had emigrated to Israel said they had been told that they would not be allowed into the country without receiving the contraceptive drug.
MASHAV and USAID have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to increase cooperation on food security to Africa
(Communicated by MASHAV – Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation)
The Heads of MASHAV and of USAID signed in Washington, April 18, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to increase cooperation on food security to Africa, within the framework of USAID’s “Feed the Future” Initiative. The MOU allows for closer cooperation on the issue of food security in four countries: Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Israeli Ambassador Mr. Oded Ben-Haim initiated this donation with the view to protecting children at risk against malnutrition,
(Communicated by the Israel Embassy, Addis Ababa)
The Israeli government donated 165 metric tons of blended food for Ethiopian children in drought affected areas; the first time when Israel provides such humanitarian assistance.
Matiwos Hunde, Director of the Early Warning and Response Directorate under the Ministry of Agriculture, yesterday received the truck load of relief food from Oded Ben-Haim, Israeli Ambassador to Ethiopia.
Addis Ababa, October 10, 2011 (Addis Ababa) - The Israeli Government here on Monday provided 165 metric tons of relief food worth 2.4 million Birr in donation to children living in drought affected areas.
Early Warning and Response Director with the Ministry of Agriculture, Matewos Hunde received the donation from the Israeli Ambassador to Ethiopia, Oded Ben-Haim.
Matewos on the occasion said Ethiopia is one of the countries affected by the drought in the Horn of Africa that led to deteriorated food security conditions in the affected areas.
About Muslim Hands
Muslim Hands - United for the Needy is an international relief and development organisation, established in 1993 with the objective of providing relief from poverty, sickness and the provision of education on a non-discriminatory basis.
We work both directly and with partners in 35 of the world's poorest countries.
- summarises briefly developments during the previous month in some 70 situations of current or potential conflict, listed alphabetically by region, providing references and links to more detailed information sources (all references mentioned are hyperlinked in the electronic version of this bulletin);
- assesses whether the overall situation in each case has, during the previous month, significantly deteriorated, significantly improved, or on balance remained more or less unchanged;
- alerts readers to situations where, in the coming month, there is a particular risk …