OCHA - Situation Report - Highlights ()
- All-time lowest food distribution in Tigray as stock and fuel almost entirely exhausted reaching only about 10,000 people between 6-12 January.
- More than 578,000 people reached with food assistance under two food distribution rounds in Amhara during the reporting week.
- About 377,000 people or about 71 per cent of the 534,000 targeted population, reached with food assistance under the current food distribution in Afar, as of 16 January.
- More than 145,000 children received measles vaccination in Tigray so far, but the campaign faces challenges including lack of fuel, cash, and cold chain capacity.
- An estimated hundreds of thousands of internally displaced persons have returned to their places of origin in Amhara.
HIGHLIGHTS All-time lowest food distribution in Tigray as stock and fuel almost entirely exhausted reaching only about 10,000 people between 6-12 January. More than 578,000 people reached with food...
Highlights ▪ Over the last one year, parts of the eastern Horn of Africa have experienced moderate to severe drought conditions following three consecutive poor rain seasons with significant impact...
HIGHLIGHTS • The northern Ethiopia conflict has had a heavy toll on affected communities in Afar and Amhara regions. Several hundreds of thousands of people have been uprooted from their homes in...