Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
- Ethiopia, WB Sign 100 Mln USD Loan Agreement
- Ethiopia: Displacement and Food Security, 28 November 2018
UK government announces £52 million humanitarian package for the people of South Sudan as peace talks begin.
From: Department for International Development and Rory Stewart OBE MP
Minister for Africa Rory Stewart has announced an additional £52 million humanitarian package to help the communities – including refugees and internally displaced people – impacted by the ongoing conflict in South Sudan.
The UK will provide emergency food, shelter and sanitation to half a million refugees that have fled the ongoing fighting in South Sudan
With almost a quarter of refugees reaching camps in Ethiopia, Uganda and Kenya suffering from acute malnutrition, the new £16.4 million package will provide:
Britain announces additional £30 million to help those affected by serious humanitarian crisis.
Britain will provide further life-saving support for the hundreds of thousands of people fleeing the humanitarian crisis in South Sudan, International Development Minister Lynne Featherstone announced today during a visit to the country.
Since fighting broke out in December 2013, 1.3 million South Sudanese have become internally displaced and more than 400,000 have fled to neighbouring countries. There is also an impending risk of famine.