Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Helping Ethiopia Achieve Green Growth and Avoid Industrialised Nations’ Environmental Mistakes
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 65 | 01-14 October 2018
Numerous countries in Africa are facing conflict, drought, food shortages and widespread displacement. The UN estimates millions of people are on the verge of starvation in Southern and Eastern Africa.
In September 2017, Australia provided $20 million to support international relief efforts in Somalia and South Sudan. This is in addition to the $19.3 million of humanitarian assistance provided to South Sudan, Ethiopia, Uganda, Nigeria and Kenya in May 2017.
Today I announce that the Australian Government will provide further assistance to the millions of people across Africa forced from their homes, with more than ten million estimated to be on the verge of starvation due to ongoing conflict and widespread drought.
An additional $19.3 million in support will provide emergency food, healthcare, water and sanitation to people in South Sudan, Ethiopia, Uganda, Nigeria and Kenya.