Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
Despite ongoing peace negotiations, clashes between belligerents continue, resulting in further displacements.
2 486 563 South Sudanese refugees in neighboring countries
298 881 Refugees in South Sudan
1 903 650 South Sudanese IDPs (incl. IDPs in PoCs in respective states)
198 202 South Sudanese IDPs in PoCs
As of 1 June | Source: DG ECHO
The humanitarian, security and operating conditions continue to deteriorate.
Seven million people, or two-third of the population, are in need of humanitarian assistance.
From February to July 2017, Leer and Mayendit are classified in Famine, while Koch county has an elevated risk of famine.
Fews-net, TWG (South Sudan IPC Technical Working Group), ERC (IPC’s Emergency Review Committee)
On the occasion of an official visit to the African Union in Addis Ababa, Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development Neven Mimica, announced a support package of €165 million to address the multiple crises in the Horn of Africa region.
1 346 451 South Sudanese refugees in neighboring countries
260 453 Refugees in South Sudan
1 876 898 South Sudanese IDPs
211 631 South Sudanese IDPs in PoCs
The spiral of conflict in South Sudan continues to deteriorate with several more factions declaring war on the current government in the past week. As the situation deteriorates, ethnic divisions are increasingly driving the conflict and civilians increasingly bearing the brunt of its consequences. In Yei (Central Equatoria), around 100,000 people are estimated to be trapped and encircled by government forces. Reports indicate widespread human rights abuses, violent killings, sexual assault and extensive looting of private homes by uniformed soldiers and armed militia at night.
Intensive fighting continues in South Sudan forcing the displacement of tens of thousands of civilians in a country where almost 1.7 million people are internally displaced.
(Geneva, 16 June 2015): Over US$275 million (245 million euro) were pledged today in support of the victims of the deepening humanitarian crisis in South Sudan and the region.
The pledges were made during a high-level conference in Geneva organised by the European Union and the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) on the humanitarian situation in the world’s youngest country.
AMOUNT: EUR 89 000 000
0. MAJOR CHANGE SINCE THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE HIP
First modification as of 08/05/2015
The crisis in South Sudan has triggered the displacement of thousands of people in the neighbouring countries of Ethiopia (204 000), Kenya (45 800) and Uganda (147 300). In total, according to UNHCR, over 530 000 people have crossed into those three countries since 15 December 2013.