Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
The food security situation in the region continues to improve. The current conditions are better in comparison to the same time last year and as good as has been observed in the 5 years.
October to December agro-climatic conditions have been favourable for agricultural and livestock production. A normal cessation to October to December rains is expected.
• Generally improved regional food security situation due to the recent rains. However, several areas are still in crisis and emergency food security situation (IPC Phase 3 & 4).
• Much as the local populations started recovering from distress, households are presently more vulnerable to new shocks: high malnutrition levels, reduced livestock herd sizes and refugees and IDPs have to adapt to new environments or endure the journey back home.