Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
Efforts to assist millions of people fleeing Africa's biggest refugee crisis face a critical funding shortfall of nearly $800 million
By Serena Chaudhry
LONDON, June 1 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Efforts to assist millions of people fleeing South Sudan in Africa's biggest refugee crisis face a critical funding shortfall of nearly $800 million, a top regional United Nations official said on Friday.
By Stefanie Glinski
JUBA, South Sudan, Aug 9 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - For the past two weeks, Sandy has slept on the dirty floor of a small and stuffy tent, squeezed in tightly with 54 other women and girls and countless night-biting mosquitoes.
Things are looking up.
For now at least, Sandy has company and a canvas cover.
"I feel much safer here in the tent," she said of her new home in a United Nations-protected site.
With her buzzed haircut and mature mien, 14-year-old Sandy is stern faced and slow to smile.