Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
Efforts to assist millions of people fleeing Africa's biggest refugee crisis face a critical funding shortfall of nearly $800 million
By Serena Chaudhry
LONDON, June 1 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Efforts to assist millions of people fleeing South Sudan in Africa's biggest refugee crisis face a critical funding shortfall of nearly $800 million, a top regional United Nations official said on Friday.
By Stefanie Glinski
JUBA, South Sudan, Aug 9 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - For the past two weeks, Sandy has slept on the dirty floor of a small and stuffy tent, squeezed in tightly with 54 other women and girls and countless night-biting mosquitoes.
Things are looking up.
For now at least, Sandy has company and a canvas cover.
"I feel much safer here in the tent," she said of her new home in a United Nations-protected site.
With her buzzed haircut and mature mien, 14-year-old Sandy is stern faced and slow to smile.