Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Ethiopia-Kenya high-level cross-border Peace dialogue concludes with an action plan to address ongoing inter-communal conflict along common border
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- UNHCR Ethiopia Factsheet - November 2018
Despite a significant reduction in fighting, humanitarian needs remain very high and continue to increase.
2 183 028 South Sudanese refugees in neighboring countries
299 123 Refugees in South Sudan
1 965 059 South Sudanese IDPs (incl. IDPs in PoCs in respective states)
194 874 South Sudanese IDPs in PoCs
Despite ongoing peace negotiations, clashes between belligerents continue, resulting in further displacements.
2 486 563 South Sudanese refugees in neighboring countries
298 881 Refugees in South Sudan
1 903 650 South Sudanese IDPs (incl. IDPs in PoCs in respective states)
198 202 South Sudanese IDPs in PoCs
As of 1 June | Source: DG ECHO
The humanitarian, security and operating conditions continue to deteriorate.
Seven million people, or two-third of the population, are in need of humanitarian assistance.