Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Mai-Aini Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
- Hitsats Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15-28 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
2,468,778 South Sudanese refugees in the region as of 30 August 2018 (pre- and post-Dec 2013 caseload).
4,214 South Sudanese refugee arrivals in August 2018.
298,881 Refugees in South Sudan and 1.91 million IDPs including 198,444 in UNMISS Protection of Civilians sites.
4.68 million persons of concern (South Sudanese refugees in the region;
South Sudanese IDPs and refugees in South Sudan)
104 Cases of SGBV successfully closed since January 2018 in Unity
140,000 litres Of additional water available for use in Upper Nile
95% pass rate of Primary 8 students from three refugee primary schools in Ajuong Thok refugee camp in Unity after their mock exams
Achievements and Impact
- UNHCR registered 75 newly arrived refugees (30 families) in Yambio.
20 Families reunified in Western Equatoria
1,110 metres Of new water pipeline and distribution networks extended in Pamir
4,889 Refugees reached with hygiene and sanitation messages in Central Equatoria
INSIDE SOUTH SUDAN
300,137 Refugees inside South Sudan as of 30 September 2018.
1.84 million IDPs in South Sudan including 197,996 in UNMISS Protection of Civilians sites as of 14 September 2018.
This overview document presents 657 security incidents affecting aid delivery in 10 countries in East Africa between January 2017 and March 2018. The report is based on incidents identified in open sources and reported by Aid in Danger partner agencies using the Security in Numbers Database (SiND).
Despite ongoing peace negotiations, clashes between belligerents continue, resulting in further displacements.
2 486 563 South Sudanese refugees in neighboring countries
298 881 Refugees in South Sudan
1 903 650 South Sudanese IDPs (incl. IDPs in PoCs in respective states)
198 202 South Sudanese IDPs in PoCs
The ongoing conflict and violence in South Sudan in the first half of 2018 further contributed to the continued internal displacement and outflow of refugees, further exacerbating the humanitarian situation.
141,600+ Refugees and IDPs received nonfood items across South Sudan.
8,000+ Children early childhood development activities in Unity.
3,000+ Tree seedlings distributed to refugees and host community in Unity.
KEY FIGURES INSIDE SOUTH SUDAN
298,881 Refugees inside South Sudan as of 31 August 2018.
1.84 million IDPs in South Sudan including 198,444 in UNMISS Protection of Civilians sites as of 26 July 2018.
US $809.4 million - Funding requested by UNHCR for the South Sudan Situation in 2018.
5 SEPTEMBER 2018
During its informal consultations on 27 August 2018, the Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 2206 (2015) concerning South Sudan discussed the Chair’s report on her visit to South Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda in June 2018.
A delegation of South Sudanese refugees tells the country’s leaders what they expect from revived peace talks in Sudan.
By Yvonne Ndege | 05 September 2018
KHARTOUM, Sudan – Driven from his land by conflict in South Sudan, farmer Singira Mirihewari traveled for 18 hours to tell leaders negotiating peace in Sudan what millions of refugees like him need.