Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
Addis Ababa, 9 July 2018: The Chairperson of the Commission of the African Union, Moussa Faki Mahamat, welcomes the Joint Declaration signed by President Isaias Afwerki and Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed following the latter’s visit to Asmara on 8 and 9 July 2018. He commends the two leaders for choosing the courageous path of reconciliation, in the interest of their people, the region and Africa as a whole.
Addis Ababa, 24 June 2010 - In what was described as "a symbolic gesture of solidarity with the newly arrived Somali refugees" the Commission of the African Union (AU) today donated US$ 50,000 worth of non-food items to UNHCR in support of newly arrived Somali refugees. In a statement sent to UNHCR, the AU expressed appreciation for the assistance rendered by the UNHCR and humanitarian actors to the refugees.
A six-person AU delegation led by H.E. Mrs. Julia D.
The Policy Committee of the Special Emergency Assistance Fund for Drought and Famine in Africa held its Ninth Extraordinary session in Addis Ababa on 20th of November 2002, to consider the global appeal made by Ethiopia and Eritrea for emergency relief assistance.